Show Tags Catalog Detail
Early 21st Century (2001-present) | Vietnam War (primarily 1964-1975) | United States. - Army. - Battalion, 1st | United States. - Army. - Cavalry Division, 7th - History - 20th century | United States. - Army. - Aviation Battalion, 229th - History | Ia Drang Valley, Battle of, Vietnam, 1965 | Vietnam War, 1961-1975 - Campaigns | Vietnam - Ia Drang Valley | Vietnam War, 1961-1975 - Regimental histories | United States | Vietnam War, 1961-1975 - United States | Ia Drang Valley (Vietnam) | Military campaigns | Regimental histories | Vietnam | 1900-1999 | History | Greenwich Workshop
First boots on the ground
- Creator: Phillips, William S.
Print shows the 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry with the UH-1 Hueys of the 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion during the Battle of la Drang during the Vietnam War.
- OCLC #: 958991459
- Physical Location: Special Collections — Flatfile Storage — PRINT 00946
- Production, Publication, Distribution, Manufacture, and Copyright Notice: [Greenwich, CT] :[Bloomfield, CO] : The Greenwich Workshop, Valor Studios 2007.
- Physical Description: 1 print : lithograph, color ; 44 x 77 cm
- General Notes:
- Title from item.
- Signed by artist and military soldiers in pencil.
- AP 102-150.
- "November 14, 1965, the Central Highlands of South Vietnam, 10:48 am ... As the dry season's dust wafts skyward, the soldiers of the 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry, deploy from UH-1 Hueys of the 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion onto Landing Zone X-Ray in the la Drang Valley. Lt. Col. Hal Moore leads his men as they secure the area and prepare for the arrival of his main force, 45- soldiers strong. Before the day's end, the men of the 7th Cavalry would engage over 2,000 enemy combatants in the battle that would epitomize the savagery of the Vietnam War and the bravery of the men who fought it."
- Electronic Access: